RPM Lawson Changes
Sometime this summer, Phase 2/3 of the Lawson Upgrade Project will be implemented. Because of the upgrade, you will notice these changes:
- All employees will accrue time off differently:
- Personal leave will be awarded by the semester instead of front loaded in September each year.
- Vacation time will not change and will continue to accrue on a monthly basis.
- Sick leave will be accrued on a monthly basis instead of front loaded in September each year. Moving forward, employees will be allowed to go into a negative balance up to their annual allotment.
- Employees will have better visibility to their leave hours, thus preventing issues we’ve had in the past where employees have had to “pay back” for hours taken but not yet earned.
- The district phone book available through the DPS website will be discontinued due to privacy concerns. Moving forward, employees can access a district-wide phone book through both ESS and Outlook.
- The district will be moving to a paperless payroll and complying with the district policy of the direct deposit mandate. For those employees who do choose not have a bank account, reloadable pay cards will be issued in place of physical checks making payroll a safer, faster and convenient process for employees.
- If you haven’t already signed up for direct deposit or for a pay card, please contact the Disbursing Department at (720) 423-3715.
- All exempt employees will view salary at an hourly rate instead of an annual rate in Lawson Employee Self Service (ESS).
- Timekeepers and school and department secretaries who enter time and attendance into Lawson will do so in a different way.
- Enter exception hours (sick, vacation, personal) for a particular date, instead of indicating the actual date in the comments field.
- Step-by-step instructions and documentation will be provided prior to the need to make this change.
- PACE form is changing. Position and job codes are changing requiring different information to be completed on the form. Training will be offered.